The Nigerian Bar Association, Ikeja Branch has laid down guidelines for accessing palliative materials to be given to members of the branch in view of the lockdown occasioned by the pandemic of COVID-19.
A Palliative committee was set up to oversee the process of determining qualified members and the allocation of fund to such qualified members.
Aguegbodo Bartholomew,Esq., Secretary of the committee listed the guidelines as follows:
- The sum of #10,000 is the reasonable and befitting amount to be given to each deserving beneficiary.
- The beneficiaries shall be members who fall within the 1-7 post call and whose names shall be verifiable by either the branch YLF or from the branch meeting attendance register.
- Notwithstanding 2 above, persons outside the 1-7 post call group who are in need of palliative shall in writing make a request to the committee through the branch chairman or the committee chairman and in deserving cases could be accorded the rights.
- In furtherance of 2 above, any member within this category shall submit through an SMS to either the YLF or the committee chairman his/her interest stating his/her name, year of call, phone number to the following phone numbers:
(a) Committee Chairman- 08033799451;
(b) Committee Secretary 08033004661;
(c)YLF Chairman 08038210380.
Only eligible members will be contacted to provide their BANK details as disbursements will be via bank transfer ONLY.
Applicants are required to send their interest to either of the numbers provided in order to avoid duplication (PLEASE SEND YOUR INDICATION OF INTEREST TO ONLY ONE OF THE NUMBERS)
- Please NOTE that all information received by the committee will be classified as confidential save for account purposes.
- Branch members within the category who are interested should endeavour to send their information forthwith to the designated officers.
NBA Ikeja Branch